Re: new release? Not Happy at all

Once upon a time, Dave Mackintosh <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> I'm sure this is in RedHat's best interest as a business... but I suspect
> it will have a long-term negative impact on RedHat's position as the
> de-facto Linux community 'standard' release.  Especially if Fedora
> diverges significantly from RHE.

That is unlikely, since Fedora Core is basically an outgrowth of Red Hat
Linux.  FC is designed to bring in community support in a more open and
involved way, but it will still be managed by Red Hat people.

As has been said multiple times, check the fedora list archives; this
has been hashed out repeatedly there.  One big thing to look at: other
freely available distributions and their committed support terms (hint:
RHL was the longest until the change to one year, which is about the
norm).

If you need further support, either pay someone for it (i.e. hire
someone to do your support or buy RHEL that gets longer term support),
or check out the fedora-legacy project (working on free security updates
for older RHL releases, starting with 7.3 and 9).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>