From: gb [mailto:gillian.bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 16 October 2003 4:46 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: building distro CD's

Hi,

I have been looking for some direction in building my own distro CD's
for RH9, including in the distro some custom RPMS, the updates that are
required, etc.

I have found a few mailing list entries that talk about doing it, but in
general they say use "genhdlist", which I have only been able to find as
an old copy from 2002 or somewhere around there. It wants to use a
module called URPM.pm, which is too old to run on rh9 (ie wants old
library modules etc, old version of perl).

So in general, without these tools, how do I construct my own cd's for
the distro, or is it just easier to leave them where they are on an http
server and kickstart from there?

thanks, Gillian

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This communication including any file attachments is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
or the person responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original transmission and
its contents. Any unauthorised use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of
this communication including any file attachments is prohibited.

It is your responsibility to scan this communication including any file attachments for
viruses and other defects. To the extent permitted by law, ING and its associates
will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this communication
including any file attachments.