Re: using kickstart to run a single command

It's a product called PowerQuest which I know very little about. My boss wants me to come up with a Linux boot disk so they can get away from lanman authentication.

I think you could install Windows by using kickstart to create a DOS filesystem and moving the necessary boot programs (command.com, msdos.sys, io.sys), network drivers, autoexec.bat, config.sys, etc, to the partition. You'd have to dd the the DOS boot sector to the first 512 bytes of the disk. Then copy the Windows installation files to the partition and run setup.

Back to my questions. Would my ks.cfg look something like this?

lang en_US
network --bootproto dhcp
nfs --server x.x.x.x --dir /redhat/PowerQuest
device ethernet
keyboard us
%pre
/mnt/source/myscript.sh /proc/cmdline