Re: Very slow FTP installs

This thread has been proving rather interesting to me, as over the course of the
summer I worked on building a network (using NFS) installer for Redhat 9, and
have also done a number of Redhat 7.3 installs in the same fashion.  As in the
case of the original poster, each installation thus far has taken quite a bit
longer than 15 - 18 minutes.  I wasn't particularly impressed by the speed, but
I set the issue aside for the moment as one that I probably couldn't do much about.

The Redhat 7.3 boxes all appear to be using the eepro100 driver, and using scp I
appear to be able to copy random files between boxes at good speed.  Might the
problems with the eepro100 driver only crop up with NFS?  Have they been fixed
in a Redhat kernel update RPM at some time or other?

As far as the Redhat 9 kickstart installations are concerned, I have access to
two of the boxes that I installed via kickstart.  One of them appears to be
using the eepro100 driver, whereas the other one is using the e100 driver.  Once
again, I could transfer files using scp at a good rate of speed.

David Aikema