Re: Minimizing kickstart CD

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:31:55 +0200
Erik Lonroth [Erik] wrote:

Erik> Hmmm, Ok, I cant do the proxy solution, I havn't got a second computer I can
Erik> use for that purpose.
Erik>
Erik> Is there some other way I can do this?

you can run the buildinstall script, it will point out
some packages requiered for the installation.

from the upd-instroot script (RH9):

[...]
PACKAGES="glibc glibc-common setup openssl python python2 newt slang
         libtermcap zlib ash e2fsprogs util-linux raidtools popt
         procps rpm XFree86 Xconfigurator anaconda
         anaconda-runtime kudzu hwdata bzip2
         bzip2-libs dosfstools pciutils reiserfs-utils parted sed
         busybox-anaconda rpm-python booty hdparm lvm
         rhpl pyxf86config libxml2 libxml2-python glib2
         elfutils-libelf bogl-bterm bogl krb5-libs convertdb1"
[...]
# Some packages are listed twice, but that's okay
#
# The packages in this list are needed for the graphical installer to run
#
# Extra stuff we want for rescue mode should go in PACKAGESRESCUE
#
PACKAGESGR="anaconda XFree86-libs libpng XFree86-75dpi-fonts
           XFree86-ISO8859-2-75dpi-fonts gtk2
           XFree86-ISO8859-9-75dpi-fonts esound audiofile libgnome
           XFree86-100dpi-fonts fonts-ISO8859-2 fonts-ISO8859-9
           XFree86-xfs e2fsprogs coreutils glibc glibc-common
           readline popt specspo util-linux rpm
           procps ncurses bash cpio
           XFree86 Xconfigurator gnome-python2 pygtk2 gdk-pixbuf
           XFree86-KOI8-R XFree86-KOI8-R-75dpi-fonts pam
           reiserfs-utils atk pango freetype gnome-python2-canvas
           libgnomecanvas libart_lgpl expat
           anaconda-images anaconda-help XFree86-base-fonts
           ttfonts-ko taipeifonts XFree86-ISO8859-15-75dpi-fonts rhpl
           redhat-config-keyboard Xft fontconfig redhat-artwork
           ttfonts-ja ttfonts-zh_TW bitmap-fonts-cjk urw-fonts
           comps-extras XFree86-libs-data convertdb1"

#
# stuff ONLY included for rescue mode
#
# these packages are combined with the PACKAGES and PACKAGESGR for big stage 2
#
PACKAGESRESCUE="bzip2 bzip2-libs dump
                findutils ftp gzip iputils joe krb5-libs less man
                mdadm modutils mtools mt-st mtr net-tools open
                openssh openssh-clients pciutils rsh traceroute tar"
[...]

Well, as you can see, some packages here refer to older RH distros
(Xconfigurator for example) so all of them are not needed, you can
also remove some fonts if you don't need them, etc... but this might
help you finding the missing parts ;-)

--
Alain