Passing arguments in kickstart file URL

We know it's possible to retrieve the kickstart file from a CGI script
(ks=http://host/kickstart.cgi) but this is rather limited as you can't
know anything about the host requesting the file other than perhaps
it's Ethernet address or its IP if your DHCP server is configured a
certain way.

Has anyone tried hacking things to pass some more interesting system
info in the URL as CGI parameters?  I've been trying to figure things
out but I'm getting bogged down in the details.  This has to be done in
the "loader" program which is run out of the initrd; the source from
that is in the anaconda SRPM.  urlinstall.c looks to be the best place
to hook this, just after the call to getHostandPath.  /proc is mounted
at this point (by init, before loader was called) so it should be
possible to pick out things like:

  installed memory
  processor
  IDE disk models or capacity
  installed PCI cards
  attached SCSI devices

You could also pull out the hardware address with SIOCGIFHWADDR.
Then you just pass a massive URL.

Might this be feasible?  Or is it more reasonable to try do fancy
things like this might allow in the kickstart file's %pre section?

 - J<