Re: %post question

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, John wrote:

>> I saw on one of the other posts that you need to do an NFS install if you
>> want to later in youe %post do any type of NFS mount.. Some I'm doing an
>
>I don't believe that's actually true. You _do_ have to have the network
>configured, and that almost certainly means some kind of network
>install.

The NFS modules (nfsd, lockd, sunrpc) will not be loaded at the start of
%post unless you have done an NFS install. Because the first stage
loader, where the modules for the installer kernel live, has been
occluded by the second stage filesystem, you cannot load them at %post
time. You cannot load them from the /mnt/sysimage tree because the
kernel versions don't match.

Possible workarounds (untested):

- Rebuild the boot disk/cd with kernel-BOOT packages which match the
kernel being installed.
- Use %pre or %post somehow to poke around the various /dev/ram devices
with debugfs, extract the necessary modules and insmod them in the right
order.

(TTBOMK)

Cheers,
Phil