Specifying an ethernet device in "syslinux.cfg"

Is there a way to make a NFS kickstart choose one ethernet device over another? We are trying to do unattended installs using kickstart over NFS but the systems we have have multiple ethernet devices. Because of this, kickstart offers a list of devices to choose from.

Under 7.2 and earlier, kickstart defaulted to use the first device it found. Under RedHat 9 it now offers the list if there are multiple possible ethernet devices.

From the lilo boot prompt you can manually specify the boot device as "ksdevice=XXX" with a "ks=" option. However, if you place this option (ksdevice) in the "syslinux.cfg" it seems to be ignored for auto-installs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Incidentally, the format for RedHat's version of "syslinux.cfg" seems to be wholy undocumented, at least that I can find.

Thanks!

			- Matt

Matt Fahrner                                    2 South Park St.
Manager of Networking                           Willis House
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse               Lebanon, N.H.  03766
TEL: (603) 448-4100 xt 5150                     USA
FAX: (603) 443-6190                             Matt.Fahrner@xxxxxxxx