Re: about reboots...

You just have to create it with mknod:

      mknod /dev/nvram c 10 144

See mknod's man page for more details.

Cheers...james

                      John Beamon
                      <jbeamon@frankliname         To:      kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      rican.com>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject: Re: about reboots...
                      kickstart-list-admin
                      @redhat.com

                      06/06/03 12:08 PM
                      Please respond to
                      kickstart-list

This is an interesting idea.  Kind of like making copies of the MBR
before and after a bootloader change with 'dd if=/dev/hda bs=512
count=1'.  However, my system does not list a /dev/nvram.  I have the
following.

/dev/ram -> /dev/ram1
/dev/ramdisk -> /dev/ram0

They have the same date, before the distro was packaged for sale.  Block
devices 1,1 and 1,0.  Man just says that the ram device is a block
device to access the ram disk in raw mode and gives a mknod syntax.

How do I distinguish ram1 from ram0, and what do I safely do with them?

-j

List <kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>