PXE boot of disk diagnostics and/or BIOS flashers

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I figure that since there
are a lot of people on this list who do PXE on a regular basis
someone may have an answer for this:

We frequently need to boot either disk diagnostics or BIOS flashers
which are based either in DOS or Windows '98.  At the moment
we boot them off of floppy disk, but we are wondering if anyone
has successfully managed to boot them over PXE  (or, for that matter,
via LILO in a standalone DOS partition on the hard disk?)  We are
examining the feasibility of going without floppy drives
in future purchases but would need to resolve this issue if we do.
USB floppies aren't an option because a large portion of my legacy
hardware has no working USB ports.

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Core Support Services Dept.
Assistant Group Leader, Scientific Computing Support Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team