Forcing RH9 floppy kickstart to full duplex.

I might be outta luck on this one, but here goes anyway...

I've put the following into my ks.cfg just before the network line:

device ethernet e100 --opts "e100_speed_duplex=4"

However, when this file is read, the driver e100 can't be loaded because it
is on the driver-floppy I'm going to insert in a matter of seconds.  When
the e100 driver is read off that floppy, the attempt to force to full-duplex
is nullified.

I realize that floppy-based kickstart is going the way of the dinosaur and
eight-track tapes, but unfortunately for me, moving to CD-ROM based
kickstart isn't an option right now.  I also realize that if I could set the
switch I'm plugged into to auto-negotiate, then all would be fine and dandy.
However, I have no control over the settings of the switches.

I read a few threads ago about how to access a network based ks.cfg w/out
DHCP, but I haven't had time to investigate that one yet.  I also read a
while ago about suggestions for hacking the RH9 kickstart down to one
floppy; that doesn't work for me either.  As for my original question, I'm
just wondering if there's any hope for what I'm trying to do today.  Thanks
to all...

Bill

Bill Anderson
TDS Telecom ISS