Re: load question/dialog in %post section

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Avner BenHanoch wrote:

> Is there a way to ask the user question in the %post section and store the
> answer somewhere in the system.
> The UI can be simple text, but a decent dialog will be nicer.
>
> If it is possible, can I add timeout to the question, so the system will
> continue after some seconds?

It is easy to ask questions. You can do something as simple as
echo "What's your name"
read name
to really fancy things in any language you choose: python, perl, C, even
Java (provided that you install it).

You can use aids such as newt, slang, curses, dialog.

Iimeouts can be easy or less easy, depending on the language you choose.
Look to ways of using kill or kill() and handling signals. You _can_ do
it in shell scripts, but it may be more elegant in other languages.

--
Please, reply only to the list.