Re: Installing extra RPMs from CD using kickstart

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 20:08, Nitebirdz wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 12:14:36PM +0530, Murali Potla wrote:
> >
> > Modify Your script to the following
> >
> > %post --nochroot
> > /bin/echo "Installing Additional RPMS"
> > /bin/rpm -Uvh --root /mnt/sysimage /mnt/source/addons/RPMS/*.rpm
> > /bin/cp /mnt/source/addons/RPMS/*.rpm /mnt/sysimage/tmp/
> >

> This worked fine indeed.  I still had to remove the absolute paths when
> calling the actual commands, but other than that it worked just fine.
> Thanks.

I am glad, it worked for you.

> By the way, is the last 'cp' necessary at all?  What does it accomplish?

thats not required. I just put that because i thought you were also
trying to copy the rpm files to the system after installation

> Thanks again.
>

> ----------------
> Nitebirdz
>
> Mozilla--> http://www.mozilla.org/
> Linux XFS--> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

-----------------------SOFTPRO DISCLAIMER------------------------------

Information contained in this E-MAIL and any attachments are
confidential being  proprietary to SOFTPRO SYSTEMS  is 'privileged'
and 'confidential'.

If you are not an intended or authorised recipient of this E-MAIL or
have received it in error, You are notified that any use, copyiny or
dissemination  of the information contained in this E-MAIL in any
manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Please delete it immediately
and notify the sender by E-MAIL.

In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination
of this E-MAIL is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

SOFTPRO SYSYTEMS does not REPRESENT or WARRANT that an attachment
hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.

The opinions expressed in this E-MAIL and any ATTACHEMENTS may be
those of the author and are not necessarily those of SOFTPRO SYSTEMS.