RE: Installing extra RPMs from CD using kickstart

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 03:17, Skahan, Vince wrote:

> Just add them in your %packages list
> and as long as they are in your hdlist,
> they'll install just fine.

this is a very lengthy process and not easy also. See below for a
solution of you problem MR.Nitebirdz.

> --
> ---------- Vince.Skahan@xxxxxxxxxx ---------
>    Connexion by Boeing - Cabin Network

Modify Your script to the following

%post --nochroot
/bin/echo "Installing Additional RPMS"
/bin/rpm -Uvh --root /mnt/sysimage /mnt/source/addons/RPMS/*.rpm
/bin/cp /mnt/source/addons/RPMS/*.rpm /mnt/sysimage/tmp/

This should work for you.
Please do post you results

> None of the two approaches worked at all.  Any ideas?  I didn't want to
> bother you guys if I could find the answer on the Web, but I've spent at
> least 4 or 5 hours searching and testing different approaches to no avail.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> ----------------
> Nitebirdz
>
> Mozilla--> http://www.mozilla.org/
> Linux XFS--> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

Regards
Murali
E-Mail: murali.potla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----------------------SOFTPRO DISCLAIMER------------------------------

Information contained in this E-MAIL and any attachments are
confidential being  proprietary to SOFTPRO SYSTEMS  is 'privileged'
and 'confidential'.

If you are not an intended or authorised recipient of this E-MAIL or
have received it in error, You are notified that any use, copyiny or
dissemination  of the information contained in this E-MAIL in any
manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Please delete it immediately
and notify the sender by E-MAIL.

In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination
of this E-MAIL is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

SOFTPRO SYSYTEMS does not REPRESENT or WARRANT that an attachment
hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.

The opinions expressed in this E-MAIL and any ATTACHEMENTS may be
those of the author and are not necessarily those of SOFTPRO SYSTEMS.