RE: does ramdisk_size matter ?

Still confused.  If I get the syntax wrong, future releases
will break my installation unless ramdisk_size is deprecated
totally for kickstarts so any answer is good enough.

Let me ask it another way.

What is the syntax to put in a grub menu.lst file
to cause a kickstart to happen for RH9 and later ?

For rh80, it appears to be something along the lines of:
   root (hd0,0)
   kernel /path/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=9216
   initrd /path/initrd.img

One example in the archives from 3/24 gave an example that looked
like the following for a PXE boot via grub.

    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /pxestuff/vmlinuz ro root=LABEL=/ hdb=ide-scsi
    initrd /pxestuff/initrd.img
    append ksdevice=eth0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 \
		ramdisk_size=32768 network \
		ks=http://10.16.33.105/pub/kickstart/ks.cfg

Looking at the boot.img file in rh9 seems to say that the same stanza
should work.

So...are you saying that whatever we put in there will work
automagically due to RH switching to ramfs ?

--
---------- Vince.Skahan@xxxxxxxxxx ---------
   Connexion by Boeing - Cabin Network