does ramdisk_size matter ?

In looking at the various RedHat distributions, it appears
that the ramdisk_size=NNNN value is growing from release
to release.

I'm looking to hard-wire in a one-size-fits-all ramdisk_size
into a boot menu, so that there's a boot menu item for
kickstarting the o/s.

The problem is that I don't want to have to track RH's changing
ramdisk needs, I just want to make sure that I specifiy something
big enough for the forseeable future (ie, would work for rh7.2 through 9
and hopefully whatever follows rh9).

Redhat8 uses a ramdisk_size of 9216.  The target systems all
have lots of memory, so keeping the kickstart ramdisk tiny isn't
needed.

If I specified a ramdisk_size=32000 to pick a really big value,
would kickstarting still likely work ?

--
---------- Vince.Skahan@xxxxxxxxxx ---------
   Connexion by Boeing - Cabin Network