Re: Post Install Script questions

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Robert Denton wrote:
> I am working ona post install script and half seems to work the other half
> doesn't.  Here are the items I am having trouble with:
> %post --nochroot
> # Start the ks-install log with date and time of build
> # this one works...
> echo "Kickstarted RH9: `date`" > /mnt/sysimage/root/ks-install.txt
OK, but why do this outside of the chroot env?

> # Retrieve customized httpd.conf and take care of webservice:
> # problem: this doesn't seem to be wgotten and the log is not created...
> wget http://10.101.10.3/httpd.conf -o /mnt/sysimage/root/wget.log
> # problem: the httpd service doesn't start upon reboot and
> the status
> # isn't written to the ks-install.txt
> /mnt/sysimage/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 httpd on
> service httpd start
> service httpd status >> /mnt/sysimage/root/ks-install.txt
Umm, is wget part of the installer?

I personally would be tempted to package up all the site/class specific
scripts that dont need to run outside the chroot into an RPM you install
after the chroot stuff with
%post --nochroot
Do my funky no chroot stuff

%post
rpm -I http://10.101.10.3/packages/hs-baseconfig.1-1.rpm

> mail robert@xxxxxx -s "`hostname` is ready." <
> /mnt/sysimage/root/ks-install.txt
Do you know, I never tried email during install, could be realy useful.
However, I'd guess this might not be part of the base image of the
installer.

Dont know if this will help, but I compiled some notes together for
building your own RPMs with various examples, which I currently have
hidden away (due to lack of web creativity) on:
http://www.platformagnostic.net/packages/linuxrpm.html

Yeah, yeah I know the HTML sucks :), but it aint an example of HTML its an
braindump for building RPMs.

Hope this helps

Gareth