Re: Post Install Script Troubles

J:  John
RD: Robert Denton

RD> First I decided to ftp get the ks file from the windows ftp server and edit
RD> it in vi and re-upload it.  This did not work.

J> The secret is to learn your linux tools. vim _can_ do it: "set
J> fileformat unix"

Yes -- in fact, Robert, your problem wss that vim is a little too smart
in this particular case.  If vim senses DOS EOL termintators, it will
preserve them, and /bin/vi == vim on RedHat systems.   You have to do
what John says to get it to change.

J> tr can do it well enough for most purposes:
J> tr -d '\r' <badversion >goodversion

J> ftp can do it:
J> asc

And dos2unix can do it, from the dos2unix package.

--
cmalek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nosce Teipsum