RE: Post Install Script Troubles

Well, I would like to relate my experience on this for the benefit of all
newbies out there such as myself.  Thanks to the speedy response of several
people I knew immediately that the problem was that I was inadvertently
including windows formatting characters at the end of the lines and this is
where the question marks were coming from.

First I decided to ftp get the ks file from the windows ftp server and edit
it in vi and re-upload it.  This did not work.  The bad formatting was still
there.  Next I decided to create an all new ks file on my RH9 box in vi, and
never open it or touch it with a windows editor, and upload it to the
windows based FTP server from which I was doing my remote installs.  I was
certain this would work.  Oddly it did not.  The odd formatting was still
there after the kickstart installation ran.

So then I decided to make my RH9 box a webserver (on a private IP) upload
the base and RPMS dirs to it and recreate a brand new ks.cfg in vi and
placed it in the webroot of the RH box. Finally this worked.  The secret, as
it appears to this Linux newbie, is to never let it touch a windows machine
in any way.  Create the kickstart file in Linux and keep it in Linux. I am
certain that some of the guys who answered my original query can shed some
better light on this but I thought I'd chip in my observations anyway.
There you have it.

Robert