Kickstart User Creation

I am trying to use the kickstart post installation script to create a user
_with_ a password.  I have tried:

useradd -G root -p menace phantom

To create a user by the name of phantom with a the password menace.  This
didn't work and after a review of the man page associated with useradd, it
would seem that if you are going to include the password in this command you
need to supply it in an encrypted form (with crypt(3)) and I am not quite
certain how to do that.  I also considered going the other route:

useradd -G root phantom
passwd phantom

But that requires further interaction and this doesn't seem to be possible
in a kickstart post installation script.  Has anyone tried this at all? I
would appreciate any advice regarding the best way to do this.

Thanks In Advance,
Robert