Re: ks] Re: hands-off upgrade

On 18 Apr 2003, Richard Wilson wrote:

> I am unable to get my system to go out to the need system for the cfg
> file. I do the following changes to grub.conf
> title Red Hat Linux Upgrade
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /pxeboot/vmlinuz ro root=LABEL=/
>         initrd /pxeboot/initrd.img
>         append ksdevice=eth0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 \
> 		ramdisk_size=32768 network ks=http://15.8.27.142/ks.cfg
> the do
>  grub-install /dev/sda1
>  and reboot and the system boots off the kernel but does not get any of
> the append info..? any Ideas?

> > #	note that the foregoing line uses backslash
> > #	continuation only for clarity -- don't use them
> > #	in production -- string the darn thing out ...

It comes to mind that there is not really a need to pull the
ks.cfg across the lan in your instance, and that a failure to
successfully bring the network device up may be masking
things.  It should be possible to pre-stage it on the host to
be upgraded, in the initrd, and to source it there.

-- Russ Herrold