Re: Brand new install

Subba Rao wrote:
Hi,

I am a RH/Kickstart newbie. So, please bear with my questions.

I am planning on doing brand new install of RH on a spare system.  I do have
the RH 8.0 CDs.  How can I use kickstart to do this installation?  Can a brand
new install be done using Kickstart?  If yes, where do I invoke the Kickstart
script from?

Yes, kickstart can do a new install. If you are only installing on one machine, however, you probably just want to do a regular install (hit ENTER at the boot prompt).

The ks.cfg file must be on a floppy, CD, or a network access point. It is used to specify the answers to the questions that the installer will ask. Install Red Hat Linux 8.0 on at least one system and you can use the redhat-config-kickstart program to help you create a ks.cfg file.

Forrest