Re: Using post to copy files from floppy to hardrive

Sérgio Bastos wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I've been trying to create a configuration file for a while now, and I still can't figure out how to make it work. I created a kickstart configuration file, which I load of a floppy, the installation is supposed to occur of a CD drive. Everything works fine, except at the end I want to copy some files out of the floppy and move them to the hard disk, and this is the thing I can't get to work.
This is a part of my configuration file.

%post --nochroot
cat /mnt/source/oraclelogin >> /mnt/sysimage/home/oracle/.bash_profile
cp /mnt/source/smb.conf /mnt/sysimage/etc/samba/

Thanks for the help,
Sérgio S. Bastos

Don't know if this helps you in your situation..

I have setup %post --interpreter /bin/bash and used mcopy in %post section to copy floppy to /tmp/.

ie
%post --interpreter /bin/bash
mcopy a: /tmp/   # Where floppy contains 'someScript'
/bin/chmod a+x /tmp/someScript  # In case it isn't executable already
open -s -w -- /bin/bash /tmp/someScript

I know the interpretor directive for %post may be redundant, and that using 'open' is not necessarily the best way. But it works for me (tm)

Cheers,
Michael