RE: Kickstart http parameters

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Johnston, Christopher (IDS DM&DS) wrote:

> Tail your access logs coming from apache.. (im assuming your using apache) you will see the client coming in and requesting the file.

The ethernet address, aka MAC address, is normally burned into the NIC
and is not directly accessible to a peer.

Generally speaking, the IP address isn't reliable either: think on all
the computers with the IP address 192.168.1.1.

Of course, most times in an install environment, the person doing the
install knows enough to judge whether IP addresses are reliable - they
are here, because _I_ control them.

--
Please, reply only to the list.