RE: Kickstart http parameters

Sounds like a great tool - I'd be interested in taking a peek at the code if you're willing/able to share it.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Alf Wachsmann [mailto:alfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 11:17 AM
To: 'kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Kickstart http parameters

I have modified a Web server written in Perl (from the book "Network Programming with Perl") that takes such a ks.cfg request and fills in a ks.cfg template from a configuration file.

The Web server of course sees the IP address of the client and can use this information to pick the template and/or config file for this client.

It is quite performant and robust (installed ~100 machines in parallel with it).

Let me know if you are interested.

-- Alf.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Daniel Nilsson (GIS) wrote:
> Yes, I have a working http-install but I want it to autoselect ks.cfg
> depending on ethernet(mac)-address of the client.
>
> /// D

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  SLAC Computing Service              | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323