RE: Problem with RH8.0 + kickstart + dhcp + E1000 ethernet card

Hi!

> I have an E1000 ethernet card attached to a cisco 2950t switch.  When I
> do a normal install and reboot DHCP picks up fine.  When trying to do a
> nfs kickstart I never get the DHCP response.  The switch port
> shows orange (which I belive indicates a negotiation error) during the
> kickstart but shows green after a normal install.
>
> I have installed these machines on a different switch without issue
> (using the same ks config file)

If only one PC is connected you might want to "spantree portfast enable " on
that specific port - the normal way the switch works it sees the link comes
up, and then waits 30 seconds before any traffic is allowed. You can avoid
that by setting portfast on the specific port.

Regards,

/Brian