kickstart custom CD/ firewire CD install

We currently have a custom CD build of RH8, that automatically installs packages with kickstart. Works on most of our desktops/laptops, except for this: Dell X200 latitutde laptop.

Instead of the auto-install, it goes to the "choose a Language" screen.

Switching to the virtual window #3, it says: no appropriate device for kickstart method is available.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the DVD/CD on the docking station, I also tried hooking up an external firewire CDrom. I think the DVD on the dock may be using some sort of pci/firewire bridge. It's loading the ieee1394 module.

Funny thing is, it's able to boot up with the custom CD.