Flashing NICs

I appreciate this is not my most on-topic posting, but otoh I don't know
a better place to ask, and it's likely to be of interest to others.

A while ago I bought a couple of boxes of NICs at auction. Mostly 3COM
and Intel, the latter mostly sold by OEMs including IBM and Compaq.

Some have bootroms: CSI 28F010N-150s are common.

I have a working DHCPD server, and also TFTPD from RHL 7.3, and I've
verified that it works by booting DRDOS, Phoebe's installer and one or
two other operating systems using PXE and pxelinux.

Some of these NICs have disfunctional Landesk software in them, and I've
tried the workarounds mentioned at HPA's website to no avail.

The 28F010N-150s are one megabit (128kx8) flash ROMs, and presumably
reprogrammable in situ.

My searching has not found updates for Landesk, but I have found Intel's
Network Boot Agent which is applicable to many of the Ethernet Pro NICs.

Can I use the utilities to burn NBA to this NIC?
If not, is there some means of copying the software from one NIC to
another? I have another, different part number on its sticky label but
according to lspci, but are Ethernet Pros, Rev 05.

Note, I am _not_ going to go and buy or rent a programmer. I'm hoping
the NICs have the necessary circuitry to flash the ROMs.

Alternativey, is there a means of burning something else, Etherboot
perhaps, into the NICs?

--
Please, reply only to the list.