Re: how can I view output from %post

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Lambert, Eric wrote:

> I'm running a text based 7.3 kickstart install over NFS.  In my %post
> section (which is working now), I have several echo statements to track
> progress, however, these don't show on screen.  I'm also not sure what
> text file on the system (like install.log) would contain this info.  So,
> can someone help me to make it so that my echos appear on the blue
> screen during the post phase of the install?  Is this possible?

I don't recall whether I've tried that in %post, but this should put the
report somewhere you can read it as it happens:

%post
(
) >/dev/tty 2>&1

If /dev/tty doesn't work, try /dev/console or any one of /dev/tty[1-9].

What I have done is
%post
(
) >/mnt/sysimage/tmp/js-post 2>&1

followed by
chroot /mnt/sysimage /usr/sbin/sendmail -t </mnt/sysimage/tmp/js-post
having carefully put proper headings into the log file.

You can also just dump it in root's home directory;-)

And oh, tee is available, so you can see it and preserve a copy for
later.

--
Please, reply only to the list.