rh80 anaconda crash on failure to map package to filename

In trying to kickstart off of a stripped redhat-80 cdrom, I got the following
exception from anaconda. Should I enter a bugzilla on this at redhat.com ?

Changes made to a vanilla rh80 cd-1:
  - removed a bunch of unnecessary to me rpms from RedHat/RPMS
  - ran genhdlist against the modified tree to update the hdlist files to match
  - burned a custom bootable cdrom from it
  - tried to kickstart from the cd

Before anaconda installs anything, it blows up with the attached traceback.

(hopefully I typed these correctly)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 694 in ?
   intf.run(id,dispatch,configFileData)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line 402, in run
   (step,args) = dispatch.currentStep()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 251 in currentStep
   self.gotoNext()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 150 in gotoNext
   self.moveStep()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 215 in moveStep
    rc = apply(func,self.bindArgs(args))
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 121, in readPackages
    id.instClass.setGroupSelection(id.comps)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 1122 in setGroupSelection
    comps.packages[n].unselect()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/comps.py", line 171 in __get_item__
    return self.packages[item]
KeyError: sendmail

Note the last line mentioning sendmail. The sendmail rpm is the first package
de-selected in my %packages section and it's "not" present on the modified cd.

What I think is happening is anaconda is looking in hdlist for the name/filename
key/value pair for the packages I've told it to 'not' install sayeth my ks.cfg file,
and it's blowing up on not finding the name to precise filename mapping info
it expects.

In my ks.cfg file, I set "%packages --ignoredeps", so at worst shouldn't it just
log "can't get the filename" and move on to the next item rather than blowing up ?

Lastly, what to do ? Choices appear to be:

 - fix anaconda to skip packages it can't get the filename for
     (ugh - fix it with a custom updates.img file or unrolling stage2.img?)

 - edit out the rpms I've removed from RPMS in comps.xml
     (could I just mark all the ones I've deleted as 'optional' not 'mandatory'?)

 - put the blasted RPMS on cd to not have to deal with anaconda bugs
     (would really not to burn rpms I won't use onto the cd)

 - any others ?

Thanks for any help...

--
---------- Vince.Skahan@xxxxxxxxxx ---------