Re: SCSI / IDE detection using kickstart and loadlin

I use the list-harddrives utility in
the %pre section, to make some assumptions about drives,
ie if scsi, install scsi, if ide and scsi, install scsi, etc....
then I dynamically write a partition table, that get's used as an
include. I've seen similar things done in python, but I just use
what utilities are available during the install. You could also
probably look into what /proc has about ide/scsi/md.
You have to decide about what devices you are going to support
though, I decided that any special devices, would be custom
and hence, warranted their own ks file. So I only support
ide/scsi, and memory size detection for swap.
amm