Re: hdlist

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Preston Wade wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone point me in the direction of some information about getting up
> to speed on kickstart.  What I am trying to do is have the RedHat
> distribution tree on an ftp server so that I can do kickstart installs via
> ftp.  I didn't want to have to create the tree in such a way that it would
> look like multiple trees/multiple CD's.  The other thing is I wanted to have
> multiple version of the RedHat distribution on the same server and wasn't
> sure how to use the genhdlist in that environment.

I think I've answered most of this just now, in anothe reply. Lay it out
like this:
/var/ftp/pub/linux/RedHat
/var/ftp/pub/linux/MyDist

Create MyDist using cp -l, and be sure to remove files you want to
change because, with hard links, it's change one, change all.

There is no harm, other than excessive disk-space usage, in having
extraneous packages in the tree, and that's minimised by using hard
links.

--
Please, reply only to the list.