RE: Alternate comps.xml file?

But your number 1 can't apply to base and core, correct?  At least
that's my understanding and experience.  You can add things to base and
core, but you can't remove from them.  I'm looking to not install
packages like setserial and raidtools (and many others), which I'll
never need for the boxes I'm configuring.

And your number 2 can only add to base and core, where I'm looking to
remove stuff from base and core.

I realize I could remove packages after I've done the install, but I'm
trying to minimize the size of the disks I need for these boxes.  I'd
rather just not install the stuff I don't need.

Thanks for the ideas.