Re: Problems with our NICs

you can specify "ksdevice=eth1" or whichever device you want in your syslinux.cfg on the append line.

James

Maura Simas wrote:

I am not sure if I am posting this to the correct list or not but here goes. We have a cluster of DL380s we are setting up using RedHat 7.3. Our problem is that the PCI Bus is probed first (these are gigabit connections of which we have two) while the internal nics are probed last (these are tg3 nics with 100mb connection also 2). We have one system set up as the headwhile the other three are set up as nodes. We are kickstarting the nodes using DHCP. Our problem is that eth0 is one of the gigabit cards but we want our DHCP requests to go over our first internal nic (tg3). On the head node this isnt a problem, we simply edit the modules.conf file and move things around.

Our problem is the nodes that we want to kickstart using DHCP. They send their requests via eth0 which is a problem since after editing the modules.conf file on the head node eth0 is tg3&..so, the nodes never get their IP addresses.

My question is: Is there anyway we can work around this with the software? Any and all suggestions would be most helpful since I have been working on this for a week now.

Maura.