nfs mount painfully slow in %post

redhat 8.0

I've done a ton of digging and a bunch of fiddling but I can't figure out why issuing an nfs mount in the %post section takes about 5 minutes to return. (the mount does work)

I was able to get it to return normally but I had to do the following:

* get to the shell in <alt>f2, chroot to /mnt/sysimage
* run /etc/init.d/network start
  this kills the ip on eth0
* manually set the ip on eth0
* manually reset the routes
* start portmapper
* start nfs

Shouldn't this work better than it does? Is there anyway around this? I think I'm probabbly missing something dumb but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

- andrew