RE: transferring files with kickstart [was: (no subject)]

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Nguyen, Hang wrote:

>So specifically, can I use Kickstart running on Linux 7.3 machine to
>boot up or install applications, files into a Sun Solaris 8 machine?

No. I think you've misunderstood what Kickstart does, which to install
Red Hat Linux onto an Intel-based PC.

Whatever you're trying to do with Solaris, Kickstart won't help you.

To install applications or files onto Solaris the only thing RedHat
could do for you would be to host the files as an NFS server.

Cheers,

Phil