Re: Installing RedHat 8.1beta via NFS

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Michael J. Carter wrote:

>I've got someone working on kickstarting (via NFS) 8.1beta. On about 80%
>of the install attempts, the installer hangs w/ 'NFS server not
>responding' messages.
>
>The server is a NetApp that isn't breaking a sweat. I just did a 7.3
>kickstart on another client box and it worked normally.

I've not tried this combination, but from experience you need to be
careful with NFS versions using Linux clients and NetApp servers.

It might help to force either the client, server or both to use NFSv2.

That said, I was under the impression Linux client NFS probs had calmed
down in recent releases, so I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Phil