Re: PXE Kickstart works (almost)...

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Corey Kovacs wrote:

>The PXE method works up until the point of getting the second stage.
>Rather is appears that the first stage does not get transferred
>completely and the install fails. If I then proceed with a manual entry
>of the location of the RPM's it tells me it cannot retrieve the first
>stage.

That is the first stage, AFAIK. The first stage comes from a floppy,
CDROM or over the network with DHCP/PXE. Its job is to fetch the
kickstart file and parse it to determine the location of the second
stage, i.e. the RedHat/RPMS and RedHat/base directories. If you get to
the point where anaconda starts asking questions about packages, you are
in the second stage.

That doesn't agree with your reported error message though.

>Anyone have any ideas?

Look for error messages on the other VTs (Alt+F2, Alt+F3 etc.)

>Also, does anyone know why one must enter "linux ks" at the prompt for
>kernel peramters? can I put a config file somewhere as in with the
>syslinux stuff ala pxelinux.cfg/default ?

Yes, you can put the "ks" wherever your kernel boot arguments live,
probably in pxelinux.cfg/default.

Cheers,

Phil