From: Bodle, Donald E
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 2:01 PM
To: 'kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: %post

What I've done is written a shell script that is called in %post, which
contains a lot of actions I want taken such as your chkconfig command:

# make sure telnet,tftp, rsh, rlogin, and wu-ftpd are turned on

/sbin/chkconfig telnet on

/sbin/chkconfig wu-ftpd on

/sbin/chkconfig tftp on

/sbin/chkconfig rsh on

/sbin/chkconfig rlogin on

/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 anacron off

/sbin/chkconfig --level 2 sendmail off

/sbin/chkconfig --level 2 crond off

/sbin/chkconfig --level 2 lpd off

/sbin/chkconfig autofs off

/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 xfs off

Here's how I call it:

%post --nochroot

# some other actions that I want done in a nochroot environment.

# The script is called at the very end

# it resides in the root of the CDROM, so I move it to disk

cp /mnt/source/postscript /mnt/sysimage/tmp/postscript

# more other actions

# then I call it in a chroot environment

chroot /mnt/sysimage /tmp/postscript

Donald E. Bodle, Jr.
Sr. Systems Integration Engineer
Platform Development