Re: Mount in %post section of RH73

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 13:24, Philip Rowlands wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Eric GOUNOT wrote:
>
> >I've took the bootnet.img image to make my floppy installation. If i put
> >my kickstart file on a bootbp/dhcp serveur, my linux's client are well
> >installed and nfs's mount of this server are ok on %post section.
> >I've put the same kickstart file on the same floppy, rename it on ks.cfg
> >and modify the bootproto section to specify an @ip static and boot whith
> >linux ks=floppy. Then the anaconda installation is ok, but in the %post
> >section, at all nfs's mount command, i've got "mount: fs type nfs not
> >supported by kernel"
>
> I once wrote to this list, regarding RH7.3:
>
> OK - the nfs, sunrpc and lockd modules appear to be present only in
> bootnet.img, and not in hdstg1.img, netstg1.img, or stage2.img (which
> all contain various other kernel modules).

Which makes absolute sense, if you are kickstarting over NFS, you need
nfs and sunrpc in order to load the other stages from the network, how
will you get them if you don't have network support already?

> My new theory is that you'll only get the modules loaded by placing the
> kickstart file on an NFS server.

No, you can have network support and have your kickstart on the floppy,
but it must be a netboot floppy, even though you are not loading the
ks.cfg over the network, the netboot floppy is the only one that
contains network support (the only one that fits on a floppy anyway).

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@xxxxxxxxxx
Senior Engineer                 Red Hat Professional Consulting