Re: Starting postgresql in %post Redhat 8.0

John wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Michael wrote:

They are...

Take them out.

Red Hat believes people don't need the error messages postgresql
produces and sends them off to the bit-bucket.

Hmm so this breaks the start script when run from kicksart %post ??

No, just makes it impossible to see what went wrong

Ok, didn't think so.. AT the time I couldn't be bothered changing the postgresql intit script to see the error messages.

I assumed someone must have needed to kickstart a postgresql DB before, and struck same problem with a resolution...Since I have a work around, I will leave it at that for now. Will chase up the error messages when I have a spare 1/2 hour.

I had a debate about this with the RHL person some time ago, and he
wasn't receptive to the idea of fixing it, so I'm supposing (without
checking) that it's not fixed.

Feel free to BZ the problem and bitch and whinge about it.

Yes, shall.

Thanks for the tip. (Grumbling about 2 days playing with said ks.cfg trying all sorts of things)

As I recall, it cost me days too.

THese things happen..Again thanks for tip.

Cheers.
Michael