Re: RealTek 8201L PHY Ethernet, Actually nVidia ETH

On 12 Dec 2002, J. Cary Howell wrote:

> I'm sorry John, I may not have been terribly clear, the RealTek 8201L
> PHY is an ethernet controller and without the module (it is not in the
> intird.img of RH7.3) it won't kickstart.  I'm sorry if I was not
> completely clear.  thanks
And say "nVida" and I think "Video;-)"

You do have the source to the boot kernel, it's built from the
kernel-2*src.rpm.

You should still use the latest kernel. While there are problems making
boot disks from it, that won't bother you, and if it did, with the
hacking you're doing pruning the modules list would be a doddle.