RE: Hassles with 8.0 - renegotiating the DHCP?!?

I read the thread you discussed, and thought about it quite a bit.  But
this particular network is a dumb netgear switch (private), and the same
hardware manages to perform the Redhat 7.3 netboot just fine.

Looking at the DHCP messaging between the two different netboots (7.3
.vs. 8.0) it almost looks like the 7.3 version remembered that it used a
particular address for stages 1 and 2, and then fell back to using this
address when it couldn't figure out how to understand a DHCP response
from the DHCP server.  The sequence for 7.3 was:
DHCPDISCOVER
DHCPOFFER

DHCPDISCOVER
DHCPOFFER

DHCPREQUEST
DHCPACK

However for 8.0 it was DHCPDISCOVER/DHCPOFFER for four times, and then
failure.

Do I somehow have the DHCP server mis-configured, and am only now
uncovering the problem with the new client that doesn't remember it's
1st DHCP requested address?

-Ace