Re[1] parsing the comps file

> Hello --

Hi,

> I'm writing a cgi script that generates a customized
> kickstart
> configuration file. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas
> about parsing
> the comps file?

Why not.. but it is not so difficult to customize it manually

> The first line of the file contains "4" with nothing after
> it. What
> does this mean?

The "4" is the version number of the type file comps...
already 4 ;-)

> Some of the various top-level groups are denoted with 1,
> some with 0...
> etc.

The Base "Bundle" is always installed, whatever you choose
The number "0" or "1" are the default choice when installing
manually (doesn't affect kickstart) with the choice custom
-> 0 the box is unselected
-> 1 the box is selected
i386/ia64/... are test for architecture

You need to define a "bundle" before using it in another
group (there's no forward like in C)

> 1 Base { ....
>
> }
>
> 0 KDE {
>
> }
>
> What do the numerical tags represent?
>
> Thanks,

JY
System Engineer

PS : The format used by the comps file in RH 8.0 will be a
little bit harder to write by hand... it is a XML file
Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com