Re: KickStart with driver disk

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 12:24, Siao Yuan Tan wrote:
> I have a boot disk from the IDE RAID controller manufacturer and it
> requires me to boot with expert text and insert another driver disk.
>

> Can someone explain how I can make a kickstart from the above.
> Currently my kickstart boot from CD and read the kickstart file from a
> web server and install through ftp.

I think you need to use Anaconda to build a new install image. The major thing
you want out of this is a single bootable floppy image with your driver(s) on
it.

You _can_ create a 2.88 Mbyte image if necessary, and create a bootable CD
with the image on it.
Read through this for starters.

http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html#s1

The best place for followup questions about that process is the anaconda-list.

Alternatively, it's just possible you can work some magic in the %pre section
of the ks file. As I recall, the network's up then.

I don't know whether the client software you will need (ftp) is available. If
you can put your kit on an nfs server, you should be able to get it that way.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.