Re: pre-install commands

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 01:58, Florian Festi wrote:
> > I am hoping to be able to dd zeros to the drive in order to
> > wipe out weird partition info that causes the regular kickstart install
> > to prompt the user about bad partition information,
>
> There a lot of useful tools that can be used during the install.
>
> As you can see you can use dd and sfdisk. If you need something else you
> can copy it into the stage2.img (should be linked statically)
so i have all these tools but how do I get to them during the %pre part
of kickstart

here is the mount info I get at the end of install

        /mnt/runtime done
        disabling /dev/loop0
        /proc/bus/usb done
        /proc done
        /dev/pts done
        /tmp/ramfs done
        /mnt/sysimage/boot done
        /mnt/sysimage/dev/pts done
        /mnt/sysimage/my done
        /mnt/sysimage/proc/bus/usb done
        /mnt/sysimage/proc done
        /mnt/sysimage/sandbox done
        /mnt/sysimage/tmp done
        /mnt/sysimage/usr done
        /mnt/sysimage/var done
        /mnt/sysimage done

so I use something like
/mnt/runtime/usr/bin/dd
or
/tmp/ramfs/usr/bin/dd

also where is my scsi drive
is
/mnt/sysimage/dev/sda
I ask cause I am not sure how to form the statement

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=63

so that it will work for me during the %pre of kickstart

any help here would be very appreciated

Rick