Re: kickstart by nfs from cd

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 01:12, Philippe Gendreau wrote:
> What I need to know is if I have to add the network stuff to cdboot.img

I said, "P needs a boot floppy that contains his network driver and can
install from CD.

"He needs to dig into Anaconda to find how to create boot floppies -
fortunately he has 2.88 Mbytes to play with.

"He can have one or more ks files on the boot floppy (which, I might point
out, is used for booting the CD and is specified with "-b" on the mkisofs
command.

"Tony Nugent has a useful document on hacking around with Anaconda, and it's
mentioned in the archives."

Yes, you have to add the network stuff to cdboot.img. That is the boot floppy
you must create.

You then create a CD image using that boot floppy (which may be called
cdboot.img).

Your syslinux.cfg file will have two or more entries specifying different ks
files.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.