Re: Setting up an LDAP authentication server with kickstart

Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:

> When I try and use kickstart to set up an LDAP authentication server,
> anaconda does not seem to do everything that is necessary.  Has anyone
> else done this?  The documentation and tutorials that I have seen assume
> that I know a lot more about LDAP than I actually do.  Any documentation
> suggestions are appreciated in case I've missed something.

I don' think there is a way to set up a _server_ during kickstart
without using %post, but here's what I do.  To have the system use the
ldap server for authentication, I include the following auth line (which
is the same as on a client):

#System authorization information
auth  --useshadow  --enablemd5  --enableldap --enableldapauth
--ldapserver 10.32.222.44 --ldapbasedn "o=knox college,c=us"
--enablecache

Then to configure a server on the system, I include the following in
%post:

##
## set up LDAP
##
#
# customize server config files from files in an NFS-mounted directory
#
mkdir /etc/openldap/schema/local
cp -f /mnt/nfs1/server-configfiles/knoxmath.schema
/etc/openldap/schema/local
cp -f /mnt/nfs1/server-configfiles/slapd.conf /etc/openldap/

#
# prime the ldap database from an nfs mounted LDIF file
#
/usr/sbin/slapadd -l /mnt/nfs1/server-configfiles/ldap-orig.ldif
chown ldap.ldap /var/lib/ldap/*

#
# make sure the ldap server gets started up
/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 ldap on

And that's it.

Andrew Leahy