Setting up an LDAP authentication server with kickstart

When I try and use kickstart to set up an LDAP authentication server,
anaconda does not seem to do everything that is necessary.  Has anyone
else done this?  The documentation and tutorials that I have seen assume
that I know a lot more about LDAP than I actually do.  Any documentation
suggestions are appreciated in case I've missed something.

TIA,
Tony