Re: scsi w/net install

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the feedback.

At 11:27 AM 8/6/2002 +0200, Chris Rouch wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 19:57, Robert Citek wrote:
>I don't think so. I do something similar with grub and use the same ks
>config file, boot images and grub boot stanza for both ide and scsi
>machines. This is for redhat 7.2.

I am beginning to think it is not a driver issue.  I compiled a new kernel
with SCSI and network support and that did not work either.

Oops.  I forgot to mention that I am trying this on RH7.1

>FYI here is what works for me with grub:
>
># edit this to get the correct names then install the boot images
># title Red Hat Linux net install
>#       root (hd0,0)
>#       kernel /vmlinuz-rh-netinstall root=/dev/sda2
>ks=nfs:aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:/path/to/kickstart/ws.cfg
>#       initrd /initrd.img-rh-netinstall

This is almost the same as what I am doing.  You seem to be getting the
kickstart file via NFS.  Since I don't have DHCP, I cannot use NFS.  The
problem of mounting does not seem to come into play when the install loads
the kernel or the initrd, but rather when the install tries to get the
kickstart file.  Apparently, it needs to mount the drive where the ks.cfg
file is located, but cannot.

Any other ideas why the install cannot mount the SCSI drive to get the
kickstart file?

Regards,
- Robert